Sunday, April 12, 2009

What you think is what you see..


1. If the maps around me supported the idea that the Northwest Passage existed, I would probably choose to believe it. I've always trusted scientists because I think they're usually very objective. The maps publishing company should be authorized, so that convinces me to believe the maps. If there was a map like that, I believe that a lot of people would think that it's true, so I might be persuaded by people around me too.

2. If I was John Cabot and someone told me that the Northwest Passage didn't exist, I would be very angry because I have bias. Maybe I'll say, "You're just jealous of me because you're not as successful as I am! Stop talking nonsense!" Even though I wouldn't want to belive that there is no Northwest Passage, I think I would think about that person's sayings afterwards and I'll probably be unsure of my belief. I think I would still choose to believe that there is the Northwest Passage unless someone has enough evidence to prove that it doesn't exist.

3. In the map, Canada is west of England and Africa is south of England. There's a red marked route to Newfoundland, Nova Scotia and then back. I think it supports the idea that the Northwest Passage exists.
4. The explorers and monarchs all wanted to find treasures which they think might be in Asia. They wanted to get there faster so that they can win more profits for themselves and for the country. The Northwest Passage supports the idea that there's a fast way to arrive there, so they all chose to believe the existence of the Northwest Passage.
5. In my life, there are a lot of feed back loops. An example is liking dogs and feeding dogs. I like dogs, so I want to feed one. I feed one means that I like them.
6. There were the French explorers and the English explorers who discovered Canada. They colonized parts of Canada and that's why people speak English and French in Canada today. Their colonizing helped Canada's development even though it once caused conflicts and misunderstandings.

1 comment:

  1. 12/12

    A very amusing feedback loop.

    Thank you for finishing your homework!

    I am glad you have learned a lot.

    ReplyDelete